Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Writing a Brand Positioning Statement
It’s critical that your target customer, customers and / or other stakeholders can connect your brand with the associations you want to create in their minds. Being able to articulate your brand positioning clearly and concisely is a core brand marketing skill that will help you do that.
This course breaks the process of writing a brand positioning statement into a simple and structured five step process. Each step of the process is supported by practical tools and templates that will enable you – and your team – to put the ideas being introduced into action at your organisation.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to write your own brand positioning statement which can be used focus and inform your brand strategy.
Taking this course will help you:
- Understand the five steps that make up a positioning statement
- Write a positioning statement for yourself
- Structure and focus your brand positioning thinking
- Fine-tune your brand positioning statement based on Dr. Coleman’s top tips
- Support your teams with practical tools / advice so they can write a brand positioning statement for themselves.
How is the content delivered?
Approximately 40 minutes of instructor-led video content broken down into
- Introduction of key ideas/insights
- Application of practical tools & templates
- Relevant case studies to illustrate the point being made
- Frequent knowledge checks and an end of course quiz– to keep you engaged and check you’re on track
The course is split into shorter segments. Ideal for watching over a cup of coffee or with a cup of tea.
When you register for this course, you’ll be able to download the following FREE resources:
- Brand positioning statement overview
- Brand positioning statement template
- Brand positioning statement worked example
Who has this course been designed for?
If you’re responsible for marketing, brand, brand experience, customer experience, corporate strategy, business development or corporate communications this course is for you. Consultants and advisers who work with brands will also find this course useful.
What does this course cover?
- Learning objectives
- Welcome and thank you
- What is brand positioning?
- Structuring your brand positioning statement
- Step 1: Define target customer(s)
- Step 2: Specify brand name
- Step 3: Identify jobs to be done
- Step 4: Define differentiated benefits
- Step 5: Giving reasons to believe
- Brand positioning statement: Worked example
- Course recap
- Action planning - putting the insights you’ve acquired into action
- Learning objectives - revisited