Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Working Virtually with the Japanese
Virtual working can exacerbate the challenges of working cross culturally. This course has been designed to help learners understand important features of Japanese culture and to apply this understanding to virtual working and relationships. By taking the course, learners will gain an understanding of the cultural challenges most likely to trip people up, coupled with strategies to bridge differences and to maximise relationships and business outputs.
Who should take this course:
This course is suitable for professionals working virtually with Japanese peers in any capacity.
This unique training course has been broken down into 9 chapters focusing on important aspects of Japanese culture and virtual working.
- Chapter 1: Benefits of the Course - Framing the course with a case study to emphasise the importance and benefits of cultural understanding.
- Chapter 2: Your Learning Path – Detailing the learning path and core topics.
- Chapter 3: Religion – Looking at the crucial role played by religion and philosophy in shaping Japanese culture.
- Chapter 4: Values – Identifying the most important values in Japanese culture and the impact on behaviours, attitudes, and beliefs.
- Chapter 5: Communication – Uncovering the Japanese communication style and the challenges this style might present for foreigners.
- Chapter 6: The Challenges of Working Virtually – Covering the most common challenges faced by foreigners working virtually with the Japanese.
- Chapter 7: Managing Relationships – Exploring the importance of relationships when working virtually with the Japanese, coupled with essential direction to build trust and promote collaboration.
- Chapter 8: Virtual Meetings – Looking at how best to maximise the value of virtual meetings.
- Chapter 9: What next? Next steps for further learning and development.
Assessment is carried out during the course.
You will be asked a mixture of multiple choice and quiz questions, coupled with questions based around case studies and workplace scenarios.
With a pass mark of 85%, the answers are marked automatically so you know instantly whether you have passed. If you don't pass, then not to worry! You can take the test as many times as you need and there’s no extra charge.