Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Word 2021 - Level 1 - Introduction and Basics
About the course
The Word 2021 - Introduction and Basics course covers topics included in the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam. You will learn how to create documents, open documents, and navigate between them. You will also use templates, save documents in other formats and modify Word options.
There are 5 modules in this course
- Screen Components
- Navigating Documents
- Creating Documents and Text
- Opening, Saving and Closing
- Modifying Word Options
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in “bite” size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks
You'll learn how to:
Word 2021 Introduction Screen Components
- Start Word
- Identify Screen Components
- Display and Hide the Ribbon
- Display the Mini Toolbar
- Hide and Display Rulers
- Use Different Page Views
- Identify Status Bar Components
- Change Zoom Settings
- Navigate in Read Mode
- Use the Navigation Pane
- Navigate using Shortcut Keys
- Navigate in Print Layout View
- Search Documents for Objects
- Use the Go To Command
Creating, Opening and Saving Creating Documents and Text
- Create New Documents
- Identify Mouse Pointer Shapes
- Enter Text using Click and Type
- Insert Date and Time fields
- Use the Show/Hide Feature
- Create New Paragraphs
- Insert Line Breaks
- Use Insert and Overtype Modes
- Use Word Templates
Opening, Saving and Closing
- Open Documents
- Open Recently Used Documents
- Use Search to Open Documents
- Move Between Documents
- Save Documents
- Use the Save As Command
- Save PDF Documents
- Save Templates
- Quit Word
Customising Word Settings Modifying Word Options
- Use General Options
- Modify Display Settings
- Set Proofing Options
- Specify Save Options
- Set File Location Options
- Add Editing Languages
- Use Advanced Options
- Modify the Ribbons
- Modify the Quick Access Toolbar