Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Windows 8.1 - Level 3 - Customising, Security and Tools
About the course
The Windows 8.1 - Customising, Security and Tools course will teach you how to customise Windows, and secure your computer using Action Center. You will also perform computer maintenance tasks using Windows tools and synchronise files using Sync Center.
There are 6 modules in this course
- Shortcuts, Taskbar and Jump Lists
- Action Center
- Disk Properties and Cleanup
- Disk Maintenance
- Backup and Restore
- Using Sync Center
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in bite size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks
- Shortcuts, Taskbar and Jump Lists;
- Pin Programs to the Start Screen;
- Pin Programs to the Taskbar;
- Unpin Start Screen Programs;
- Unpin Taskbar Programs;
- View Taskbar Properties;
- Choose Notifications on the Taskbar;
- Display Additional Toolbars;
- Modify Jump Lists;
- Action Center;
- Understand Windows Security;
- Open Action Center;
- Update Antivirus Software;
- Use Windows Update;
- Use Windows Firewall;
- Create Firewall Exceptions;
- Add Websites to Internet Zones;
- Modify Internet Security Settings;
Windows Utilities and Tools
- Disk Properties and Cleanup;
- View Hard Disk Properties;
- Determine Used and Free Space;
- Use Disk Cleanup;
- View Files to be Deleted;
- Open Administrative Tools Folder;
- Identify System Tools;
- Run Disk Defragmenter;
- Use Task Scheduler;
- Create Basic Tasks;
- Delete System Tasks;
Backup and Restore
- Open the File History Settings;
- Back Up Files;
- Permanently Delete Files;
- Restore Files;
- Using Sync Center;
- Understand Synchronisation;
- Open Sync Center;
- Manage Offline Files;
- Work Offline;
- Work Online;
- Synchronise Files;
- Resolve Sync Conflicts;
- End Sync Partnerships;