Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
This activity explains what a whaling attack is, how cybercriminals use it to gain access to personal data or systems, and how to spot and report it.
On completing this activity, you will be able to:
- Understand why executives and their assistants can become victims of whaling attacks,
- Identify the techniques cybercriminals use to carry out whaling attacks,
- Recognise the risks and impact of a whaling attack,
- Spot the signs of whaling attempts,
- Know the steps you can take to prevent a successful whaling attack on your organisation, and
- Know what immediate actions to take in the event of becoming a victim of a whaling attack.