Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Approximate learning time
Travellers` diarrhoea is a term that is used to describe the passing of watery stools, three or more times a day, during or shortly after travelling. Diarrhoea is a symptom of infection in the gastrointestinal system by an infectious organism. This short course will provide you with a quick revision of travellers` diarrhoea and is suitable for any non specialist healthcare professional that deals with patients that suffer from the condition.
By the end of this course you will understand:
- What travellers` diarrhoea is and what causes it.
- In which areas of the world travellers are more at risk of developing travellers` diarrhoea.
- The symptoms of travellers` diarrhoea.
- The measures that travellers can take to reduce their risk.
- The treatment options available for travellers` diarrhoea.