Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Top Ten Tips Excel for Accountants (Basic)
The Excel for Accountants (Basic) course is a short course consisting of 10 video-led modules. The course is primarily aimed at accountants, bookkeepers and accounting professionals and aims to provide learners with a solid foundation with which to build further skills.
Excel is an incredibly powerful tool for accountants, and it is a key skill that any accountant or accountancy professional should become familiar with. For financial insight and analysis, crunching numbers and compiling non-numerical data, Excel continues to be the tool of choice throughout the accounting and finance field.
Learning to improve at Excel is a great accounting career move. With a large amount of functionality its easy to get overwhelmed, particularly when you are just starting out. Master the basics of Excel and build a solid foundation in which to build further skills.
- PC or Mac with a full version of Microsoft Excel (any version from 2003 to 2013 or Microsoft 365).
- Not a requirement but a benefit to have some work-related projects to which you can readily apply what you learn.
- Accountants, accountancy professionals and finance professionals with limited knowledge about Microsoft Excel
- Conduct insightful analysis of small or large data sets.
- Effectively manage your worksheets.
- Master Excels most common und useful functions.
Section 1: Introduction
- Unit 1.1 - Getting Started
Section 2: The Basics
- Unit 2.1 - Setting up for Success
Section 3: Formatting Text and Numbers
- Unit 3.1 - Working with Number and Date Formatting
- Unit 3.2 - Formatting Based on Conditions
Section 4: Getting Started with Functions and Formulas
- Unit 4.1 - Basic Functions and Formulas
- Unit 4.2 - Absolute, Relative and Mixed Cell References
Section 5: Organising Data
- Unit 5.1 - Organising Data for Quicker Analysis
Section 6: The Power of Paste
- Unit 6.1 - Exploring Paste Options
Section 7: A Range By Any Other Name
- Unit 7.1 - Naming Cells and Ranges
Section 8: Extract or Combine Data
- Unit 8.1 - Manipulating Data Efficiently