Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
The Chest X-Ray Demystified
Approximate learning time
Detailed interpretation of the chest radiograph is a skill that requires many years of clinical practice and experience. This programme is not intended to offer an exhaustive reference for chest x-ray diagnosis. But it will provide a useful and practical introduction to those practitioners who need to develop these skills.
At the conclusion of this programme the student will be able to:
- Understand the factors that determine the technical quality of a chest x-ray including:
- X-ray projection
- Analyse a chest x-ray in as systematic manner.
- Recognise the appearance and features of a normal x-ray.
- Recognise the features of:
- Acute Left Ventricular Failure
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Consolidation due to Pneumonia
- Lung Cancer
- Pleural Effusion