Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
This suicide awareness e-learning module will equip healthcare support workers to assist them in their knowledge to help someone in the first instance who may have feelings of suicide.
The training is intended to ensure that the learner has an understanding of what constitutes suicidal thoughts and feelings, and how to discuss suicidal feelings with someone who is experiencing them.
It is intended to provide the learner with the skills to identify signs that someone could be experiencing suicidal feelings and how to support them in accessing treatment if this is necessary.
By the end of this e-learning module, you will have an understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding what constitutes suicidal thoughts and feelings
- Understanding how talking about suicidal thoughts and feelings can be beneficial
- Knowing how to spot the signs in someone who may have suicidal thoughts
- How to communicate with the person who is experiencing suicidal thoughts and feelings
- How to support someone who is feeling suicidal
- Recognising actions to take with someone who is feeling suicidal including being aware of external organisations who can assist