Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Structures of the Body, Movement & Color
About this course
Healthcare and medical professions have their own vocabulary, a specialised language that allows for quick and efficient communication between its members while minimising potential misunderstandings. Whether you are new to the medical profession or need a refresher class, we have a medical terminology course that will give you the boost you are looking for to further your career! In this course, we will cover the medical language and terminology used by healthcare professionals everywhere (in this specific subject area). If you’re interested in pursuing a health career and need the ability to communicate with medical professionals, you will find this course a perfect fit by providing you with a solid foundation in medical language.
This course forms one (subject-specific) module of our comprehensive "Medical Terminology" programme (which is comprised of 17 subject modules in total). The full programme is recommended if you require an extensive primer in various core aspects of medical terminology.
- Define the 4 structures that comprise human body structure.
- Distinguish anatomy of the human body.
- Demonstrate knowledge of organ system physiology.
- Identify body cavities.
- Recognize directional and positional terms.
- Recall word parts and terms associated with body systems.
- Identify terms denoting color.
- 2.0 Human Body Video
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Internal Organization of the Body
- 2.3 Cells
- 2.4 Tissues
- 2.5 Organs
- 2.6 Body Systems
- 2.7 Chapter 2 Activity 1
- 2.8 Chapter 2 Activity 2
- 2.9 Cells & Tissues Combining Forms
- 2.10 Organ and Body Systems Combining Forms
- 2.11 Functions of the Body Systems
- 2.12 Integumentary System Combining Forms
- 2.13 Musculoskeletal System Combining Forms
- 2.14 Cardiovascular System Combining Forms
- 2.15 Hematologic and Lymphatic System Combining Forms
- 2.16 Respiratory System Combining Forms
- 2.17 Nervous System Combining Forms
- 2.18 Endocrine System Combining Forms
- 2.19 Digestive System Combining Forms
- 2.20 Urinary System Combining Forms
- 2.21 Reproductive System Combining Forms
- 2.22 Special Senses
- 2.23 Eyes Combining Forms
- 2.24 Ears Combining Forms
- 2.25 Nose Combining Forms
- 2.26 Tongue/Mouth Combining Forms
- 2.27 Chapter 2 Activity 3
- 2.28 Body System Functions
- 2.29 Body Cavities
- 2.30 Body Cavities (continued)
- 2.31 Chapter 2 Activity 4
- 2.32 Chapter 2 Quiz 1
- 2.33 Anatomical & Clinical Divisions of the Abdomen
- 2.34 Chapter 2 Activity 5
- 2.35 Chapter 2 Activity 6
- 2.36 Anatomic Positions and Body Planes
- 2.37 Chapter 2 Activity 7
- 2.38 Directional Terms
- 2.39 Front and Back Terms
- 2.40 Above and Below Terms
- 2.41 Terms Relating to Origin of Structure
- 2.42 Terms Relating to the Middle and to the Side
- 2.43 Body Positions
- 2.44 Body Movements
- 2.45 Chapter 2 Quiz 2
- 2.46 Terms of Color
- 2.47 Pronunciation Summary
- 2.48 Chapter Review
- 2.49 Chapter 2 Test
- 2.50 Structures of the Body, Movement, & Color
- Chapter Survey