Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
This Course is a great way to introduce people to the concept of Set-Up Improvement/Reduction in the workplace. The course will also build
This Course is a great way to introduce people to the concept of Standardised Work in the workplace. The course will also build upon the knowledge of people already familiar with the subject.
The learner will understand Standardised Work is one of the most powerful but least used lean tools. By documenting the current best practice, standardised work forms the baseline for kaizen or continuous improvement. As the standard is improved, the new standard becomes the baseline for further improvements, and so on. Improving standardised work is a never-ending process. The learner will understand Standardised Work includes:
- Takt time, which is the rate at which products must be made in a process to meet customer demand.
- The precise work sequence in which an operator performs tasks within takt time.
- The standard inventory, including units in machines, required to keep the process operating smoothly.
Why take this Standardised Work course?
Intellelearn courses are designed to be both fun and educational. Our courses are fully interactive and with real learning rather than simply 'click-next'!
This course will help people learn the principles of Standardised Work and show how to apply the principles within their work environment.
The learner will understand key benefits of Standardised Work including:
- Removal of wasteful work practices
- Quicker training of new colleagues
- Consistent workforce performance
- Reduction of errors/mistakes
By the end of the course learners will understand:
- Health & Safety considerations when creating and using Standard Operating Procedures
- What standardised operations are and the benefits of using them
- Be able to analyse an operation or process to identify the safest and optimum method
- Why operators must contribute and agree the method identified
- Explain the importance of Standard Operating Procedure training
- How to revise Standard Operating Procedures as appropriate to ensure their effectiveness in the workplace
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Approximately 15 minutes. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly learners can study and absorb the material. Learners can proceed as quickly or slowly as they like.
The end of course test consists of a multiple choice quiz. Learners are required to achieve a 80%