Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Selling benefits through brands
The world’s most powerful and profitable brands win by selling benefits and not features. Competing through benefits helps these brands deliver relevant value to customers. It also enables these brands to distance themselves from competitors who focus on functional features – and so get sucked into price-based competition.
Guided by the Brand Benefits Box – a practical management tool Dr. Coleman has used extensively with clients around the globe – this course will help you think about how you can sell a broad range of benefits through your brands. Each element of the Brand Benefits Box contains practical tools and templates that will help you - and your teams – apply the insights this course introduces to your organisation.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to think about selling benefits through brands in a structured, sophisticated and scalable way.
Taking this course will help you:
- Compete through brand-related benefits and not features
- Distance your brand from price-based competitors
- Broaden your perspective on how to deliver value through brands to your customers
- Understand how to deliver value through the following types of benefits
- Apply a practical management tool – The Brand Benefits Box – that will structure your approach to selling benefits through brands
- Share a suite of practical tools with your colleagues / team so they too can deliver greater value through selling brand-related benefits
- Learn how the various types of benefits play out in practical via worked examples
How is the content delivered?
Approximately 25 minutes of instructor-led video content broken down into
- Introduction of key ideas/insights
- Application of practical tools & templates
- Relevant case studies to illustrate the point being made
- Frequent knowledge checks and an end of course quiz– to keep you engaged and check you’re on track
The course is split into shorter segments. Ideal for watching over a cup of coffee or with a cup of tea. To give you a feel for the content
When you register for this course, you’ll be able to download the following FREE resources:
- Brand Benefits Box
- A summary of the types of benefits, plug and play templates and worked examples so you can see how the key ideas work togeter.
Who has this course been designed for?
If you’re responsible for marketing, brand, brand experience, customer experience, corporate strategy, sales, business development or corporate communications this course is for you. Consultants and advisers who work with brands will also find this course useful.
What does this course cover?
- Learning objectives
- Welcome and thank you
- The Brand Benefits Box
- Functional benefits
- Self-expressive benefits
- Social benefits
- Emotional benefits
- Nuanced emotional benefits
- Selling brand benefits: Top tips
- Course recap
- Action planning – putting the insights you’ve acquired into action
- Learning objectives - revisited