Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
About the course
Abuse is a sensitive topic for all involved, but knowing how to identify and deal with abuse is essential. The aim of this course is to provide those working with children with the knowledge and understanding of the different types of child abuse and how to recognise the signs.
You will be able to:
- Define abuse
- Outline current legislation, policies and regional guidelines regarding the welfare of children
- Recognise different forms of abuse and indicators of abuse
- Understand your responsibilities when abuse is suspected
- Implement procedures for reporting and documenting abuse
- List sources of assistance for yourself and others involved in an abuse situation
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 10 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass.