Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Safeguarding Children (Level 2)
Boost your knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
This informative, Level 2 course will improve your understanding, fill in any gaps in your knowledge, and boost your confidence. It will also give you practical steps to take if you have child protection concerns, whether you, yourself, work with children, or not.
The course is for those who: (i) assess, plan, intervene or review needs; (ii) make safeguarding referrals; or (iii) have responsibilities in relation to Section 47 Enquiries.
About this course
The course will explain what to do before referring a case to Childrens Social Care, and what to do after a referral. It also will take you through the principles and requirements of the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need - who is it for, what are Domains and Dimensions, and explaining Section 47 Enquiries.
This Safeguarding Children Level 2 course is intended for staff who fall into the following work groups:
Group 3: Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Group 4:Members of the workforce who are responsible for making safeguarding referrals to the Police and Childrens Social Care
Group 5: Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking section 47 enquiries, including professionals police and childrens social care; those who work with complex cases and social work staff responsible for co-ordinating assessments of children in need.
Once youve completed this course, youll have a knowledge of:
- Types of questions that can be asked, should be asked, and should be avoided
- Considerations before referring a safeguarding concern to Childrens Social Care
- Information you should provide to Childrens Social Care and the questions you should ask
- What you and Childrens Social Care should do following a referral
- The Framework for the Assessment of Children and their families and its principles
- Assessing childrens needs
- Understand the Domains and Dimensions of the Framework
- Importance of keeping an up to date chronology and how to record one
- Purpose and possible outcomes of a Strategy Discussion and Section 47 Enquiries
- Initial Child Protection Conferences
- Responding to a Disclosure How to Ask Questions
- Referring Safeguarding Concerns
- Recognising and Avoiding Dangerous Safeguarding Practice
- Child Protection Process and Procedures