Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Safeguarding Adults (Level 1)
Just like children and young people, all adults are entitled to be safeguarded from harm. In this course we will explore the fundamental principles of adult safeguarding and give you the tools, knowledge and confidence to keep the people around you - happy, healthy and safe.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define and recognise what adult safeguarding is
- Identify who might require adult safeguarding and align action with the aims and principles of adult safeguarding
- Act in accordance with the Mental Capacity act 2005
- Identify and understand the various types of abuse
- Consider and support the needs of carers with regards to abuse
- Take appropriate steps and action when suspecting abuse or neglect
- Respond appropriately to a disclosure
- What is adult safeguarding?
- What is abuse and neglect?
- Recognising abuse and neglect
- Responding to concerns