Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide.
PRINCE2® is a non-proprietary method and has emerged worldwide as one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects. This is largely due to the fact that PRINCE2® is truly generic - it can be applied to any project regardless of project scale, type, organisation, geography or culture.
Because PRINCE2® is generic and based on proven principles, organisations adopting the method as a standard can substantially improve their organisational capability and maturity across multiple areas of business activity - business change, construction, IT, mergers and acquisitions, research, product development and so on.
The Training ByteSize Foundation course will:
- Equip you with the information required to successfully pass the PRINCE2® Foundation exam first time.
- The foundation level confirms you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
Why PRINCE2® Foundation?
The PRINCE2® course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of the scope, content and structure of the PRINCE2® method, to fully prepare you for the PRINCE2® Foundation exam. The Training Bytesize PRINCE2® online training will involve YOU in the learning process, it’s simple and to the point and will get you ready to take your exam in a time and way that suits your style.
Why buy this course?
Having specialised in the development of elearning training courses for over 12 years you can be assured of an exceptionally high quality, interactive product. The delivery of the training course is through a truly collaborative online learning platform, ideal for organisations with a global reach. The course is approximately 10 hours long, interactive and uses audio and animation to create an interesting and involved training programme. The Virtual Learning Environment brings together forums, discussions, resources, social media, support videos and much more.
- Re-enforce your knowledge before sitting the final exam by completing the interactive quiz after each session and the mock exam quizzes at the end of the course. This will significantly enhance your understanding of the method.
- The beauty of elearning is you can study in bite size chunks, having the bookmarking system you can just pick up where you left off.
- Take the exam in the comfort of your own home using your webcam anytime, any day - it has never been easier to sit your exam.
PRINCE2® Foundation Course
Session 1 – Introduction
- Introduction to PRINCE2®
Session 2 – Overview and Principles
- What is a project? Introduction to:
Session 3 – Organisation
- Four levels of management
- Project Management team structure – Project Board
- Project Management team structure – Project
- Assurance Project Management team structure -Project Manager
- Project Management Team
Session 4 - Business Case
- Business justification and development path
- Outputs, Outcomes and Benefits
- Business Case
- Benefits review plan
Session 5 - Plans
- Three Levels of Plan
- Project Plan
- Stage and Team Plans
- PRINCE2® approach to plans
Session 6 - Product Based Planning
- What is product based planning?
- Create a simple PBS
- Create a simple PFD
Session 7 - Quality
- What is quality?
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Management System and quality planning
- Quality Audit Trail
- Quality Review Technique
Session 8 - Risk
- Risk Management
- Risk Management Procedure
- Risk appetite, tolerance and budget
Session 9 - Progress
- Management Stages
- Technical Stages
- Project Board Controls
Session 10 - Change
- Configuration Management
- Issue and Change Management
Session 11 - Processes SU and IP
- SU-IP overview
- SU - Detail
- IP - Detail
Session 12 – Processes CS and MP
- CS/ MP Introduction
- CS – Monitoring and control
- CS – Issue Management
Session 13 – Processes DP, SB and CP
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Closing a project
Session 14 – Exam Tips
- Exam Objectives
- Exam Paper
- Exception Plans
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) - 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
The PRINCE2® course on this page is offered by Training Bytesize, an Accredited Training Organisation of AXELOS Limited. PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.