Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
ILX Group’s accredited P3O® Foundation online learning covers all aspects of the P3O® guidance. Using voice, animation and activities, the course takes approximately twelve hours to complete which is equivalent to a three day workshop.
The main body of the course consists of seven lessons which cover the principles, techniques and structure for implementing a Portfolio, Programme and Project Office, including a Centre of Excellence, through to the business case and planning for implementation.
- An exam simulator which results in exceptional pass rates
- Increased retention of learning
- Less time taken to learn
- Increased control and visibility of progress and achievement
- Reduced travel costs
- Accessible from any location
Certification / Exam
This course specifically provides the background knowledge for the related certification exam (which learners must pass in order to achieve the formal Certification). IMPORTANT: Please note that the certification EXAM IS NOT INCLUDED with this course. The exam can be purchased separately from the course publisher and booking details for the exam are provided on request.
- Those requiring an understanding of Portfolio Management and the supporting environment for successful programmes and projects.
- Managers attempting to provide a structure for prioritisation and control of corporate organisational investments, particularly those using PRINCE2® and MSP®, although any methodology can be effectively improved using the P3O® model.
- There are no pre-requisites for studying this course or qualification other than an understanding of the project and programme environment.
- What a P3O® is and why it is relevant
- Who the P3O® guidance is aimed at
- The differences between Projects, Programmes, and Portfolio Management
P3O Services & Functions
- The objectives of each functional or service area
- Strategic Planning, Delivery Support and Centre of Excellence
- Assurance services, through gated reviews or audit
- P3O® governance
- Services and functions delivered through various design models
- What kind of model to deploy
- The reporting structure of a P3O model
- Critical success factors of a P3O structure
- Information Assurance for projects and programmes
How to operate a P3O®
- Portfolio prioritisation, Management Dashboards, Information Portals and Knowledge Management
- Some of the facilitated workshops a P3O may be asked to lead
- Business process swim-lane diagrams and the benefits they can bring
- How approaches can be tailored for different demands
P3O Roles & Responsibilities
- P3O® “Management & Generic” roles and those that are “functional”
- The purpose of each role, and be aware of some of the key responsibilities of each
- How the roles might be implemented within the various P3O® models
- Some of the key skills and competencies needed within a P3O®
Developing a P3O® Business Case, Why have a P3O® ?
- The benefits of a P3O® , and the capabilities of a P3O®
- The Principles for Extracting Value. A Value Matrix
- What performance improvements can be expected
How to implement or re-energise a P3O®
- A Blueprint for a programme of change, for a successful P3O®
- The lifecycle needed for P3O® implementation
- How to setup and run a Temporary Office structure
- A large bureaucratic organisation delivering health services to various government departments across Europe
- A medium sized organisation delivering hardware and software solutions to their broad customer base
- A small organisation delivering construction project management for their clients
P3O® Foundation Examination Technique
- How to approach the P3O® examination
P3O® Examination Simulator
- Featuring sample questions from the P3O® examination, using the correct timing and providing feedback for each question
- Additional free resources for implementing a P3O® , analysing
The P30® course on this page is offered by ILX ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited.
P3O® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved