Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Outlook 2003 Introduction
About the course
Although 21.5 million workers use technology as part of their jobs, only two in five have ever received any formal IT training.
Outlook 2003 gives users the tools to manage email, tasks, contacts and time at work. Getting the most from Outlook could make a real difference to productivity.
This course helps staff use all the tools provided in Outlook to improve communication, optimise time management, and organise business schedules for maximum efficiency.
You’ll learn how to
- open and quit Outlook and use the Office Assistant and help features
- identify screen components and use and tailor menus
- use Toolbars to provide fast access to commonly used commands
- display the Calendar, Contacts list and Task list
- use the buttons in the Navigation pane to switch to the other features in Outlook
- view Inbox messages and navigate the Appointment and Contacts list
- use 'Outlook Today' to summarise your upcoming appointments, tasks and messages in one view
- quickly mark off completed tasks and even view web pages from within Outlook
- identify status indicators, and learn how to create a new mail message and save it in the 'Drafts' folder
- use Microsoft Word to create messages
- use formatting tools to enhance a mail message and add a file attachments
- create Distribution Lists
- use features to assist you when working with messages in your Inbox
- how to sort, use message flags and categories, set the message importance for new messages, and look at the different message options
- how to search for items using the 'Find' feature
- use notes to enter questions, reminders and ideas for quickly storing information
- print messages and Calendar items
There are 22 modules in this course:
- Starting Outlook
- Screen Components
- Navigating in Outlook
- Folder Overview
- Using Outlook Today
- Creating Messages
- Formatting and Sending
- Creating Messages with Word
- Creating Distribution Lists
- Existing Messages
- Responding to Messages
- Message Tools
- Entering Basic Appointments
- Other Types of Appointments
- Arranging Appointments
- Customising Views
- Finding Items
- Adding Contacts
- Managing Contacts
- Contact Tools
- Creating Notes
- Printing Items
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.