Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Microsoft Project 2003 Introduction
About the course
Project Management is a system for managing tasks, resources and costs efficiently in order to reach a predetermined goal.
Managing projects successfully is a matter of keeping scope, schedules, resources and costs in balance. Microsoft Project 2003 is a powerful tool that enables you to manage projects more effectively. This course takes you though the core tasks of Microsoft Project 2003.
You’ll learn how to
- open Microsoft Project 2003
- navigate the Help Screens
- identify Screen Components
- use and tailor menus and work with Toolbars
- navigate the project guide
- create new projects and set project information
- create projects from templates
- enter tasks and subtasks
- enter task durations and identify task types
- distinguish dependency types, create and edit dependencies
- understand constraint types, apply a constraint and set a task deadline
- understand and use different project views
- use the Gantt Chart Wizard and understand formatting precedence
There are 17 modules in this course:
- Starting Project and Help Options
- Screen Components
- Project Information
- Working with Projects
- Working with Tasks
- Durations and Calendars
- Constraints and Deadlines
- Work Resources
- Sheet and Form Views
- Chart and Rollup Views
- Combination and PERT Views
- Formatting Gantt Bars
- Formatting the Network Diagram
- Calendar Formatting
- Other Formatting Options
- Using Graphic Images
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.