Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Microsoft Power BI - Beyond the Basics
Power BI is a powerful, self-service Business Intelligence (BI) solution from Microsoft. It aims to provide interactive visualizations and is used to import, transform, and analyze data. Power BI has a user-friendly interface ideal for people with a limited technical background to create their own reports and dashboards.
This intermediate Power BI course is designed to be a follow-on from the Power BI Beginner course, so it is ideally recommended to go through that course first to get a handle of the basics and be familiar with the Power BI interface. Otherwise, you are expected to at least have a basic understanding of Power BI as this course covers a quick recap of the basics but not in as much detail.
In this course, we start off by going through the data files to be used and checking some Power BI settings to set you up for success in learning Power BI. The last part of the course is one big exercise where you will have plenty of practice building reports and dashboards.
This course also includes course files to follow along with the instructor and uses the Power BI Desktop version.
In this course you will learn:
- How to Import and Transform Data in Power Query
- How to import Excel, Text, and CSV files and combine files
- How to enable/disable Load and Report Refresh
- How to resolve Data Import Errors
- Data Modelling, Relationship Types, and Troubleshooting Relationship Issues
- Measures vs Calculated Columns
- How to create a Date Table with DAX
- How to create Additional and Conditional Columns
- How to use ROUNDUP and SUMX
- How to create Quick Measures and a Key Measures Table
- The CALCULATE Function in DAX
- Tables vs Matrix Tables
- How to Format Visualizations and apply Conditional Formatting
- Column, Line, and Map Charts
- Gauge and Card Visualizations
- How to use Slicers and Filter and apply Design Elements
- How to create a Shared Workspace in Power BI Service
- How to create Reports and Dashboards
- How to pin Visualizations to the Dashboard
- How to set up Scheduled Refreshes