Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Mental Health Legislation
This course looks at the ‘Mental Health Act’ and its implications for organisations, patients and their relatives.
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Define mental disorder
- Distinguish between what is and is not covered by the Mental Health Act
- Recognise what criteria must be met in relation to the appropriate treatment test
- State the criteria required for patients to be considered for Supervised Community Treatment
- Identify who can be classed as a ‘nearest relative’
- Define the term deprivation of liberty.