Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
This module covers, what manual handling is and how you can assess and reduce the risks that can occur when lifting and carrying. The aim is to help reduce the number of manual handling related illnesses and accidents in the workplace and to promote good attitudes amongst the staff.
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Understand what manual handling is,
- Recognise common accidents and injuries,
- Assess the key risks posed by the task, the individual, the load and the environment,
- Use effective techniques to lift and handle loads safely,
- Comply with safe working practices when pushing and pulling,
- Recognise the importance of using mechanical aids to minimise the risks,
- Importance of assessing and reducing manual handling.