Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Manual Handling Safe Lifting of Adults
This CPD-certified, level-2 e-learning course is suitable for anyone who is required to lift adults as part of their work or voluntary activity, and provides learners with a thorough understanding of the risks of lifting and moving people, why it’s different from other manual handling activities, the principles of risk assessments, and safe lifting methods both with and without equipment.
The course includes optional voiceover recorded by a professional actor and culminates with an assessment. It is specifically designed to give learners a better understanding of how to undertake manual handling activities that involve people safely.
Our manual handling training course: safe lifting of adults can be completed as a standalone course or as part of the full manual handling training course: safe lifting of adults and children.
Law & Legislation
This course covers key points from:
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Management of Health & Safety Work Regulations 1999
- Why is it Different - The risks associated with lifting and moving people, why it is different, the principles of conducting generic risk assessments and individual risk assessments, the role of the competent person.
- Getting Prepared - The basics of safe lifting, how to ensure your manoeuvre is as safe as possible, manual handling equipment.
- Manoeuvres Without Equipment - Safe methods for helping someone stand from a chair, helping someone sit into a chair, sitting someone up in bed, and helping someone stand after they have fallen.
- Manoeuvres With Equipment - Safe methods for helping someone stand up from a bed using a handling belt, moving a person in bed using slide sheets, and moving a person from a chair to a bed using a hoist.