Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Managing the Probationary Period
Gaining a new member of staff can be a lottery � for example, the new employee may have interviewed well but once they actually start the role they don't live up to expectations.
This course provides managers with practical advice on steering the probationary period and demonstrates how you can help the new employee whilst also working within employment law.
About this course
This interactive course shows how to manage the probationary period effectively, detailing communication methods with your new employer, motivation, and fair treatment within employment law.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
Both new and established managers who want to learn how to successfully manage a probationary period and work within the law.
This course is also of value to those wanting to move into a managerial role.
Once you've completed this course, you'll have a good knowledge of:
- The importance of preparation when managing an employee's probationary period
- Working closely with your organisation's policies and procedures, and working within the law
- Setting standards or goals for the employee
- Communicating clearly throughout the process
- Providing feedback and keeping written records, and
- What you need to know about the end of the probationary period