Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Knowing yourself better to communicate better. Part A
Getting your message across and ensuring you are understood are absolutely essential if you want to have a positive influence on your environment.
In order to communicate more effectively, it's important that you have the courage to assert yourself in your relationships with other people, rather than being passive, aggressive or manipulative.
To assert yourself fully while staying true to yourself, it's essential that you have a thorough understanding of your personal values, so that you can make them count in your interactions with other people.
Inspiring trust in your colleagues will help you to establish effective working relationships.
By the end of this module, you will know how to:
- Limit ineffective behaviors and use simple reflexes to communicate in a calm, assertive manner.
- Exploring the four main attitudes in interpersonal relationships.
- Identifying your ineffective personal attitudes.
- Selecting key actions to implement effective behaviors.
- Through the practical exercises, you will discover the 4 dimensions of the most common profiles : passiveness, aggression, manipulation, and assertiveness.
- The exploratory exercises will help you to identify key behaviors that will improve your effectiveness in your relationships.
Anyone whose job is dependent on building successful relationships.
This is one of two learning modules on this topic. On completion it its recommended that you progress to Part B.