Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Japan Cultural Awareness Course
This course provides insights and direction for business professionals working with the Japanese. By taking the course, learners will gain the skills and understanding to successfully navigate the key cultural challenges commonly faced by individuals working with the Japanese. The course will also equip learners with the ability to build positive, trusting relationships and to maximise their business outcomes.
Who should take this course:
This course is suitable for learners of all levels.
It has been produced with a professional audience in mind and is useful for anyone working remotely with the Japanese, or for those moving to or working in Japan.
The course addresses many of the common cultural challenges faced by foreigners working with the Japanese, whether clients, colleagues, suppliers or anyone else.
This unique training course is made up of 8 chapters focusing on specific aspects of Japanese culture, the people and their approach to work and business.
- Chapter 1: Overview - Framing the course content and its benefits to foreigners working with the Japanese.
- Chapter 2: Religion - Uncovering the key influences behind Japanese society, its core beliefs and identity.
- Chapter 3: Royal Family - Learning about the role of the monarchy in Japan and the importance within mainstream culture.
- Chapter 4: Values - Understanding core Japanese values and their impact on the Japanese way of doing things.
- Chapter 5: Communication Style - Exploring the Japanese approach to communication, how they share information, give opinions and managing disagreements.
- Chapter 6: Business Culture - Covering critical aspects of Japanese business culture, such as relationship building, consensus building, negotiations and meetings.
- Chapter 7: Etiquette & Taboos - Appreciating common taboos and etiquette to ensure foreigners present themselves positively.
- Chapter 8: Stereotyping - Affirming that when working with anyone from Japan, it is important not to draw upon stereotypes.
Assessment is carried out during the course.
You will be asked multiple choice questions as well as questions based around case studies and workplace scenarios.
With a pass mark of 85%, the answers are marked automatically so you know instantly whether you have passed. If you don't pass, then not to worry! You can take the test as many times as you need and there’s no extra charge.