Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Introduction to the Metaverse for Law
This course from blockchain experts Blocknorth, who are also closely allied with key augmented reality partners, will give you a clear understanding of the Metaverse, it’s development and its current and future potential. The course covers the building blocks of the Metaverse; business and the Metaverse; the wide uses of the technology; and a look at the possibilities for the future. It then considers the legal issues underlying the development and the future of the Metaverse.
This course builds a legal issues section on top of our original ‘Introduction to the Metaverse’ course so it does not need the original course to be completed first.
Unit 1: The Building Blocks of the Metaverse
- The definition of the Metaverse
- Technologies that make up the Metaverse
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Cryptocurrency, Non-fungible tokens and the Blockchain
- 3D Reconstruction
- Artificial Intelligence and its huge potential within the Metaverse.
Unit 2: Business and the Metaverse
- Background to the development
- Examples of Metaverse environments
- Web 3.0 technology
- How boundaries are being eroded
- The Metaverse as a training tool
- Customer support functionality
Unit 3: Uses of the Metaverse
- How companies are using the Metaverse commercially
- The growing social and media opportunities
- How education, the workplace and gaming can all benefit
- The almost limitless opportunities within the worlds of history, medicine, and tourism
- How the Metaverse could interact with the military
Unit 4: Development potential of the Metaverse
- How the software and hardware infrastructure will need to develop
- A look at the very real privacy and security issues
- How the future regulation of the Metaverse also needs to develop
- Brain computer interfaces – are they moving out of science fiction?
Unit 5: Legal Issues and Challenges associated with the Metaverse
- A reiteration of security and privacy issues with reference also to data protection.
- A consideration of Intellectual Property and brand protection challenges with examples.
- A look at patents and copyrights.
- How antitrust laws could be threatened.
- The role of Financial Technology (Fintech)
- Mergers & Acquisitions – and the vast sums potentially involved.
- The potential for virtual or ‘avatar’ lawyers.
- Consideration of other user-based claims.