Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Introduction to Tableau Desktop
Tableau is one of the best data analytics and business intelligence tools available. In this course, we introduce you to this powerful, market-leading tool and get you started building your very own visualisations.
Move at your own pace as you learn how to navigate Tableau, connect to data sources, and make use of the drag-and-drop interface to create interactive charts and dashboards. We'll cover everything from understanding business intelligence and basic data concepts to applying your own calculations, expressions, and functions in Tableau.
As you progress through the course we'll have you testing your Tableau skills with a series of Tableau exercises and challenges.
Please note that this course focuses on Tableau Desktop and is aimed at people brand new to Tableau or people transitioning from Excel to Tableau.
In this course you will learn:
- What Tableau is and the product suite
- What business intelligence is
- The Tableau interface and its major functions
- Which data structures are suitable for Tableau
- How Tableau reads and categorizes data
- Different data concepts and theory
- How to connect and manage data sources
- How to navigate the Tableau workspace
- How to build a view and different chart types
- How to create a dashboard
- How to publish and share a workbook
- How to use calculated fields in Tableau
- How to use numeric, string, conditional, and analytical expressions/functions in Tableau