Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Introduction to First Aid
Ever heard of ‘optimism bias’? It’s that little voice in your head telling you that nothing bad could ever possibly happen to you, only the spur-of-the-moment-adrenaline-junkies. But first aid is more important to you than you may believe.
For unfortunate occurrences such as a burn, shock, allergic reaction or choking, first aid is the difference between a narrow escape and the death of someone you just didn’t know how to help. Luckily, this course will make you aware of what to do in those situations, including identifying different incidents, the procedures, and what not to do.
Outline Learning Objective?
Upon completing the course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise the process for completing primary ABC checks correctly and safely for you and the victim.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the safe and effective use of CPR to preserve life.
- Identify ways to react effectively to 9 everyday first aid situations to help save a life.
- Explain the steps to deal with incidents such as: Anaphylaxis, burns and scalds, choking, drowning,
- fractures, heart attack, shock, stroke and heavy breathing.
Why Should I take this course?
Emergency first aid is an essential skill that everyone should be proficient in. Many acute illnesses and injuries require immediate care. In an emergency there is often little to no time to read first aid instructions. This course will give you the basic knowledge you need to care for someone in a life-threatening position, so you can give them the best chance of survival until they receive medical assistance.