Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Identify your communication styles
As you are aware, some people are more talented communicators than others. Some people find speaking in public easier than others. Words trip off their tongues more easily, they are able to select the right arguments, hold a gaze and synchronize their verbal and non-verbal communication. Other people find it more difficult to get their message across, adopting a more monotonous tone, failing to hold their gaze and communicating ineffectively.
Most of us lie somewhere between these two extremesable to speak effectively but with varying degrees of impact.
By identifying the different communication styles and their strengths, you will be able to identify and draw on examples of best practice. This, in turn, will elevate you to the ranks of an effective speaker!
By the end of this module, you will know how to:
- Identify the four communication styles and develop constructive relationships with others.
- You will be able to determine your own communication style and will understand the strengths of each style.
- You will then be able to enrich your own style by drawing on the strengths of the other communication styles and adapting to the styles of others.
- Being aware that there are several communication styles.
- Understanding how to distinguish between styles, their similarities and differences.
- Identifying your dominant style.
- Developing your flexibility in communication situations.
- You will identify your communication style through a self-assessment exercise.
- A summary table will set out the strengths and weaknesses of each style.
- You will practice becoming more flexible in your style through a series of practical exercises.
- Role-plays based on practical case studies will give you an opportunity to address each style.
- Through these practical exercises, you will become a more confident and impactful communicator.
Anyone who is required to speak in public. This module is particularly suited to operations managers.