Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Health and Safety Induction - for Health and Social Care
In the workplace, everyone has a responsibility to minimise risks to the health and safety of both themselves and others.
This 11 module course covers the elements you need to know to work safely in your health or social care role.
At induction level, employees should understand the responsibilities of themselves and others, with consideration to fire safety, managing stress and sitting comfortably at a workstation.
This course covers these areas and also looks at how to move and assist safely, how to handle any hazardous substances and how to respond to accidents and sudden illnesses.
If you work in health or social care, this course will give you the basic understanding of health and safety that you will need to confidently do your job.
This induction course is intended for all staff who work in the health and social care workforce.
Although this course forms part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all practitioners who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
Once you?ve completed this course, you'll have a knowledge of:
- Key policy and legislation relating to health and safety in your work setting/situation
- The main health and safety responsibilities of you, your manager and the individuals you support
- Where and from whom additional support and information relating to health and safety can be accessed
- How to record and report issues
- Understand Your Responsibilities Relating to Health and Safety in the Work Setting
- Understand Risk Assessment
- Move and Assist Safely
- Understand Procedures for Responding to Accidents and Sudden Illness
- Understand Medication and Healthcare Tasks
- Handle Hazardous Substances
- Promote Fire Safety
- Work Securely
- Manage Stress
- Disability Awareness
- Sitting at your Workstation