Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Handling Medication in Care
This CPD-certified course is suitable for anybody in a care setting who handles medication. The course includes optional voiceover recorded by a professional actor. It is specifically designed to help the learner understand rules and responsibilities, types of medication, and how to administer.
Law & Legislation
This course covers key points from:
- The Medicines Act 1968
- The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
- The Misuse of Drugs (Safe Custody) Regulations 1973
- Human Medicines Regulations 2012
- Care Standards Act 2000
- Care Act 2014
- The Health and Social Care Act 2008
- (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Rules and Responsibilities- An overview of the responsibility that different roles have when it comes to handling medication in care, such as providers, staff, and residents.
- Medication - A look at how to handle different kinds of medication.
- Administration - Best practice for keeping both staff and residents safe while administering medication.