Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Hand Arm Vibration comes from the use of hand-held power tools. This module covers the requirements of current legislation and will help you identify situations where hazards exist and how to assess the risk. It will also discuss basic techniques for control of vibration exposure and identify areas where vibration reduction is required.
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Define Hand-Arm Vibration (HAV)
- State when and how Hand-Arm Vibration may occur
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of HAVS and CTS
- State the legal requirements in relation to Hand-Arm Vibration
- Understand what types of work and / or tools may pose a risk
- Take appropriate action to protect yourself from Hand-Arm Vibration
- Take appropriate action to control and reduce the risks.