Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Getting Started in Jira
Companies use different ways to organize their projects, and the type of methodology they use determines the tool that is best suited for their needs. Jira is a project management software designed to help teams of all types to manage work.
Jira is an issue tracking and project management tool that is highly configurable and flexible that allows it to be used in a wide variety of processes.
There are different versions of Jira available, but the core concepts are applicable across these versions. In this course, we will be using a non-premium version of Jira Software on Cloud. Jira Software is the flagship version of Jira that is used for agile project management, meaning it is beneficial for companies that use the agile methodology. With that being said, learning Jira requires learning some agile concepts, and this course includes a crash course on the basics of agile methodology to help you get started with Jira.
This course is aimed at beginners so if you are brand new to Jira, then this course is for you!
In this course you will learn:
- What are the different available versions of Jira
- The basics of Agile Methodology
- Key Agile and Jira terms you’ll need to know
- How to navigate Jira’s Interface
- How to create and customize a Team-Managed Project
- How to use a Company-Managed Project
- The difference between Team-Managed and Company-Managed Projects
- How to create and manage Scrum Boards and Kanban Boards
- How to create Issues in Jira
- How to create Filters
- How to use Dashboards
- What are Reports and Roadmaps in Jira