Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
About this course
Healthcare and medical professions have their own vocabulary, a specialised language that allows for quick and efficient communication between its members while minimising potential misunderstandings. Whether you are new to the medical profession or need a refresher class, we have a medical terminology course that will give you the boost you are looking for to further your career! In this course, we will cover the medical language and terminology used by healthcare professionals everywhere (in this specific subject area). If you’re interested in pursuing a health career and need the ability to communicate with medical professionals, you will find this course a perfect fit by providing you with a solid foundation in medical language.
This course forms one (subject-specific) module of our comprehensive "Medical Terminology" programme (which is comprised of 17 subject modules in total). The full programme is recommended if you require an extensive primer in various core aspects of medical terminology.
- Name the structures of the genitourinary system and describe their location and function.
- Describe the process of glomerular filtration, tubular reabsorption, and tubular secretion.
- Recognize combining forms, prefixes, and suffixes that pertain to the genitourinary system.
- Identify symptoms of specified genitourinary system diseases and be able to interpret pathological conditions of the urinary tract.
- Name and define laboratory tests and clinical procedures used in the diagnosis and treatment of genitourinary system diseases.
- State the meaning of abbreviations that pertain to the genitourinary system.
- 12.0 Genitourinary System Video
- 12.1 Anatomy of the Urinary System
- 12.2 Kidneys
- 12.3 Kidney Stromal Tissues
- 12.4 Kidney Parenchymal Tissues
- 12.5 Ureters, Urinary Bladder, Urethra
- 12.6 Chapter 12 Activity 1
- 12.7 Urinary System Function
- 12.8 Pathways To and From the Nephron
- 12.9 Filtration in the Glomeruli
- 12.10 Reabsorption from the Renal Tubule
- 12.11 Secretion into the Renal Tubule
- 12.12 Concentration and Elimination of Urine
- 12.14 Non-Excretory Renal Functions
- 12.15 Facts About the Urinary System
- 12.16 Chapter 12 Quiz 1
- 12.17 Disease and Disorder Terms (A-G)
- 12.18 Disease and Disorder Terms (H-R)
- 12.19 Disease and Disorder Terms (S-W)
- 12.20 Laboratory Procedure Terms
- 12.21 Other Terms
- 12.22 Diagnostic and Surgical Procedures
- 12.23 Genitourinary System Drugs
- 12.24 Urinary Tract Infections
- 12.25 Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)
- 12.26 Renal Failure and ESRD
- 12.27 Renal Cell Carcinoma
- 12.28 TNM Staging for Renal Tumors
- 12.29 Renal Cell Cancer Surgical Procedures
- 12.29 Radiation Therapy
- 12.30 Cancer Medications
- 12.30 Chapter 12 Activity 2
- 12.31 Vocabulary for GU System
- 12.32 Chapter 12 Quiz 2
- 12.33 Cancer of the Renal Pelvis or Ureter
- 12.34 Prefixes, Suffixes, Combining Forms and Abbreviations
- 12.35 Chapter Review
- 12.36 Chapter 12 Test
- 12.37 Genitourinary System Chapter Survey