Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
From needs to project. Part B
A project represents all of the actions that need to be taken to respond to predefined needs within set deadlines. These needs are often expressed by several individuals, both inside and outside the company. Its not always easy to express their differing expectations explicitly. As a project manager, your added value is in your ability to translate these needs into a concrete project.
By the end of this module, you will know how to:
- Have a set of methods and tools to collect, sort, analyze, formalize and prioritize needs for the user.
- You will also be able to download a reusable tool to help you contractualize and communicate needs.
- Identifying the three dimensions of needs collection.
- Adopting good practices for interview conduct.
- Formalizing the functional specifications.
- Challenging and prioritizing needs.
- Contractualizing and sharing needs.
- The needs definition process is addressed through a fun case study, allowing you to learn about the key phases step-by-step.
- You will have access to downloadable tools to help you transfer what you have learned to your own projects.
- A model set of functional specifications will allow you to project easily to your own operational situation.
Experienced project managers or project directors. Operations managers in charge of projects.
It is recommended that you first complete Part A of this course.