Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Food Safety in Drinks Manufacturing
About the course
The Food Safety in Drinks Manufacturing course is suitable for individuals who are involved in the production of manufactured drinks for sale through a variety of outlets. This course is a combination of theoretical knowledge and interactive activities that are designed to help learners understand the significant aspects of food safety and their personal responsibilities.
You will be able to:
- State the scope of the drinks manufacturing sector
- Outline legislation regarding food safety including laws on labelling
- Describe the different types of contamination
- Identify the 14 food allergens and give examples of drink products likely to contain them
- Explain food poisoning and food borne illness, and list the causes and symptoms
- State correct storage, cooking and cooling procedures for different food and drink products
- Observe the strict personal hygiene standards required to produce food safely
- Carry out effective cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Recognise signs of pest infestation and implement necessary control measures
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass.