Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Food Safety and Manufacturing in Retail
About the course
The Food Safety and Manufacturing in Retail course is suitable for individuals who are involved in the production and selling of food in the retail sector. This food safety online course is a combination of theoretical knowledge and interactive activities that are designed to help learners understand the significant aspects of food safety and their personal responsibilities.
You will be able to:
- State the scope of the retail food sector
- Outline legislation regarding food safety in retail
- Describe the different types of contamination
- Identify the 14 food allergens and the symptoms of an allergic reaction
- Explain food poisoning and food borne illness, and list the causes and symptoms
- State correct storage and temperature monitoring procedures for different food products
- Recognise the three methods of cross contamination and how they are avoided
- Observe the strict personal hygiene standards required to produce and serve food safely
- Carry out effective cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Recognise signs of pest infestation and implement necessary control measures
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass.