Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Food Safety: Level 2 (Manufacturing)
This Local Authority Approved Food Hygiene Level 2 course is ideal for anybody working with food or drink in the manufacturing sector. The course is also designed for anybody wanting to work in the food and drink manufacturing sector. The course covers all aspects with regards to controlling food safety hazards, food storage, controlling temperatures, food preparation, personal hygiene and premises cleaning.
The course is divided into 6 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end. The course covers:
- Food Safety Legislation – food handlers and the law
- Microbiological Hazards – the top 10 causes of food poisoning
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards – types of physical contamination
- Food Storage – choosing a supplier, food distribution and deliveries, food labeling and storage
- Food Preparation and Processing – thawing frozen food, cooking and reheating
- Personal Hygiene – food handler responsibilities
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules – principles of design, waste management, cleaning and disinfection
- Further Information - how to register a food business, contacting the local authority, legal documents and FSA publications.
Aims of the Training Course:
By the end of the course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Explain what food hygiene is and the hazards associated with it
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Identify ways in which food poisoning can be caused and how to control these hazards
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food safe
- Put measures in place to control pests
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination.
Our courses are fully interactive throughout to ensure the learner remains engaged. Our course:
- Local Authority Approved
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 2 syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by both the CPD and by iirsm
- Approximate duration: 1-2 Hours
Approximately 1-2 Hours to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages.
Who Should Take This Course?
This Food Safety course is for anybody working in the food manufacturing industry. It is also for people wanting to work in the manufacturing sector including factories, bakeries etc. If you work with food or drink you must be trained in Food Hygiene/Safety so you can apply the learning to your work.
Once you have completed all of the online course you will be able to take the multiple choice test. The test consists of 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.
This course is suitable for people at all stages of their career and the skills and knowledge that you will gain will enable you to work confidently, competently and safely in the food manufacturing sector.