Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Food Safety: Level 1
The Level 1 Food Hygiene course is a great way to introduce beginners to food safety. This may include cooking at home, work experience in a food environment or self-development for those who have an interest in food handling.
This course may be used as an introduction to the subject for children and people with an interest in preparing food safely for a family. It is ideal for use in schools, in addition to a regular curriculum, and for students prior to taking work experience in a food environment.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to understand how to keep clean and hygienic, how to keep their work area clean, how food becomes contaminated and the steps in preventing contamination.
Food Hygiene Level 1 course content
The content of this e-learning course includes:
- An introduction to food safety and hygiene
- Food Safety Hazards and Contamination
- Why Food Safety is Important
- Personal Hygiene
- Hygienic Premises and Equipment
By the end of the course learners will:
- Understand food safety terms commonly used when discussing industry practice
- Understand the consequences of poor food safety and hygiene
- Know about practical activities to prevent and control hazards.
- Understand why personal hygiene is so important
- Be able to keep surfaces and equipment hygienically clean
This course is approved by IIRSM, the International Institute for Risk and Safety Management, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Approximately 30-45 minutes. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly learners can study and absorb the material. Learners can proceed as quickly or slowly as they like.
Once you have completed all of the online course you will be able to take the multiple choice test. The test consists of 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.