Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Food Safety Awareness
Most of us will have suffered from food poisoning at some point in our lives and know how poorly it can make us feel.
Food poisoning can be much more serious than just an upset tummy and frequent visits to the bathroom; for some people it could mean hospital treatment and could even be life-threatening.
If you work in the food industry, or in another job role that involves the production, distribution, handling, serving or selling of food, you have an important part to play in making sure that the food is safe and fit for human consumption.
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Explain why food safety is important and what the law requires.
- Identify the symptoms of food poisoning, its causes and at-risk groups of people.
- Explain what key controls can prevent contamination and keep food safe.
- Demonstrate effective standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Explain the importance of pest awareness and prevention in keeping food safe.