Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Fluids, nutrition and food safety
In this course we consider the importance of a balanced diet, and its significance for those receiving care or support. We also take a look at the very important subject of food safety, which requires us to ensure that the food people eat is not going to cause them harm.
- The importance of good nutrition
- The six key nutrients for a healthy diet
- The importance of fluids
- The Eatwell Guide
- Signs and symptoms of poor nutrition and dehydration
- Meeting nutritional needs and preferences
- Maintaining dignity when eating and drinking
- Enabling access to fluids and food
- Food safety – types of hazard
- Handling, storing and preparing food
- Food allergens and allergic reactions
Those working in health and social care requiring an understanding of why a balanced and healthy diet is important, and how to ensure that those for whom they care are provided with such a diet.