Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
This course aims to provide the learner with a basic understanding of the knowledge behind the techniques used in emergency first aid situations.
It will introduce resuscitation, recovery position, choking and anaphylaxis. As well as burns, bleeds, broken bones and stroke.
It should be accompanied by face-to-face training and assessment.
This training will enable learners to:
- Follow the steps to prioritise treatment during a primary survey
- Correctly order the steps when carrying out CPR and identify the benefit of using an AED
- Correctly order the steps in the recovery position
- Identify a choking casualty and select the appropriate first aid response
- Identify common triggers for anaphylaxis and match the required medication
- Calculate the severity of a burn and list the treatment
- Identify treatment for bleeds, broken bones and stroke