Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
This course has been Approved by RoSPA.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states that the employer or owner as the 'responsible' person has overall responsibility for fire safety in their premises but may appoint 'competent' persons such as Fire Wardens to assist in ensuring adequate fire safety procedures are implemented. The Regulatory Order also requires that where persons are appointed to assist that they be provided with suitable training. Assistance may take the form of participating in the fire risk assessment and the subsequent development of an emergency plan. Fire wardens are then normally designated the responsibility of executing the emergency plan during a fire emergency.
In this training course employees will learn:
- The responsibilities and the importance of the role of Fire Warden
- How to carry out the responsibilities of a Fire Warden
- The different causes of workplace fires and what can be done to prevent these fires occurring
- How to assist in the evacuation of a building
- How to use a fire extinguisher
Benefits to your organisation
- Provide 'competent' people appointed with suitable training to discharge their responsibilities in keeping with the requirement stipulated in The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
- Raise awareness of the importance of the role of a Fire Warden and the positive effect they have during an emergency
- Ensure the risks associated with fire are reduced and managed in a responsible manner
Any person appointed in the role of Fire Warden to assist the 'responsible person' with fire safety management.