Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Fire is a hazard that no-one wants to encounter so this course looks at what causes a fire, what a fire needs to burn, what to do in the case of a fire and examines firefighting equipment in some detail. "Fire" looks at the law and the legal requirements for dealing with fire hazards in the workplace. The course covers performing risk assessments and establishing effective control measures.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Promote fire safety at work and at home
- See how to prevent fire hazards and what to do in the event of a fire with particular attention to safety
- Understand basic fire safety and be able to distinguish the differences between types of firefighting equipment
- You will know what a fire needs in order to start and take hold and so be able to perform a risk assessment with a view to fire prevention
- You will understand that there are times when you must call for professional help