Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Fire Prevention and Awareness
This Fire Prevention and Awareness course has been designed to help you collect the evidence you require to demonstrate that you meet the requirements to operate safely within your organisation.
- Be aware of current laws and legislation relating to fire including employee and employer duties and responsibilties.
- Improve your knowledge and awareness of strategies and policies;
- Recognise and acknowledge different types of fire equipment, provisions and relevant signage;
- To understand what is required to meet law in fire equipment and maintenance;
- Know what action to take in the case of discovering a fire.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Why fire training is necessary
- An explanation of why fire training is essential.
- The law
- Details the law and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- The great escape
- Your actions upon hearing the fire alarm.
- Theory of fire
- The fire triangle;
- Types of extinguishers.
- Fire safety provision
- Provision, policies and procedures.
- Fire prevention
- Good housekeeping.
This Fire Prevention and Awareness course has been mapped to the learning outcomes for QCF unit: HSC 2019.