Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Fire Prevention and Awareness (Scotland)
This Fire Prevention and Awareness course has been designed to help you collect the evidence you require to demonstrate that you meet the requirements to operate safely within your organisation.
The aims of this course are that you will:
- Be aware of current laws and legislation relating to fire including employee and employer duties and responsibilities;
- Improve your knowledge and awareness of strategies and policies;
- Recognise and acknowledge different types of fire equipment, provisions and relevant signage;
- Understand what is required to meet law in fire equipment and maintenance;
- Know what action to take in the case of discovering a fire.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Why fire training is necessary
- An explanation of why fire training is essential
- The law
- Details the law and the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006
- Fire alarm correct response
- Your actions upon hearing the fire alarm
- Theory of fire
- The Triangle of Fire
- Types of extinguishers
- Fire safety provision
- Provision, policies and procedures
- Fire prevention
- Good housekeeping.