Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Finding that job
Are you trying to find your first job but aren’t sure where to begin? Do you get flustered when you think about applying for a job? Don’t worry. Job searches can be hard. And applying for jobs can be even harder. That’s why we have designed Finding that Job, a short and easy-to-use online course that will equip you with the tools and knowledge to tackle any job search with ease. You’ll be on your way to employment before you know it.
Who is this course for?
Finding that Job is aimed at young adults, aged 19 or below. It is ideal for young people who are new to the world of work that require a helping hand to get them started with the process of acquiring employment.
What will you get from this course?
Finding that Job will give you the confidence to take the first crucial steps to employment by storm. You’ll be able to source jobs that suit your individual requirements and create an action plan for when you find the job you want to apply for. You will also be clued up on the information you need for different types of job application and be prepared with the relevant interview information.
When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how the local labour market impacts on job availability
- Effectively source information about and for jobs
- Recognise the importance of planning when searching and applying for jobs
- Identify which application is suitable for the job in question
- Prepare all the relevant information you need to feel confident going into interview
- Glossary of useful terms relating to work, behaviour and communication
- Additional resources so that you can take your learning further
- Case studies and success stories that bring the material to life
- Questions throughout to test your understanding