Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
This course is suitable for anyone who works in the Regulated Sector, or in other organisations where prevention of financial crime is important, and provides learners with a thorough understanding of the forms of financial crime, including bribery, money laundering, and terrorist financing. The course also looks at how to spot potential signs of financial crime, and what action to take if you are aware that, or suspect that, financial crime has taken place.
The course includes optional voiceover recorded by a professional actor and culminates with an assessment. It is specifically designed to give learners a better understanding of the nature of financial crime, what signs to look out for and what actions to take.
Law & Legislation
This course covers key points from:
- The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Crime and Courts Act 2013
- Serious Crime Act 2015
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2007
- Terrorism Act 2000
- Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001
- Terrorism Act 2006
- The Terrorism Act 2000 and Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (Amendment) Regulations 2007
- An Introduction to Financial Crime - The different forms of financial crime, the impact that financial crime has, the potential consequences of breaking the law, and the key pieces of financial crime legislation.
- Bribery: What is Bribery - The four offences under the UK bribery act 2010, what constitutes bribery, and some examples of bribery.
- Bribery: The Signs - What to look out for as potential indicators of bribery, how suspicious activity may differ in different departments including purchasing and contracting, consultants and agents, and sales and marketing.
- Bribery: Taking Action - The importance of taking action if you suspect bribery has taken place or know it has happened, following your organisation's procedures, understand your organisation's policies, and how to report your concerns.
- Money-Laundering: What is Money-Laundering - What money laundering covers, the different stages of money laundering, what constitutes criminal property, and the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information of the Payer) Regulations 2017.
- Money-Laundering: The Signs - What to look out for as potential indicators of money laundering.
- Money-Laundering: Taking Action - The importance of taking action if you suspect bribery has taken place or know it has happened, the role of the money laundering reporting officer and the relevant person, the importance of record keeping, the employee's responsibilities, your organisation's policy and procedures, what action to take, and suspicious activity reports.
- Terrorist Financing - How financial crime is linked to terrorist activity, how terrorist groups obtain money, the activity criminalised by the Terrorism Act 2000 including money laundering, fundraising, arrangements, and use and possession, tipping off, and what action you and your organisation needs to take.
- Customer Due Diligence - The purpose of due diligence, when to apply due diligence, what due diligence involves, when to apply enhanced due diligence, and sanctioned customers and businesses.