Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Extended Japan Cultural Awareness Course
Going into far more detail than our standard Japan Cultural Awareness course, this extended course covers greater ground and explores more nuanced characteristics of key business practices. By taking the course, learners will gain a solid understanding of Japanese culture and develop the skills and know how to bridge potential cultural gaps. This learning will promote business professionals in the best possible light; helping them to interact confidently and productively with their Japanese peers.
Who should take this course:
This course is suitable for professionals working with the Japanese in any capacity. Whether you are managing Japanese teams, working remotely with Japanese clients or interfacing with suppliers or distributors, this course will provide valuable insights and direction.
Including over 30 videos and jam packed with case studies, quizzes and essential tips and techniques, this unique training course has been split into 8 chapters focusing on specific aspects of Japanese culture, the people and their approach to work and business.
- Chapter 1: Overview - Framing the course content and its benefits to foreigners working with the Japanese.
- Chapter 2: Looking at Culture – Exploring the role and influences of culture on the business setting.
- Chapter 3: Japan in Context – Putting Japan in context and exploring the way in which history has shaped the modern Japan we see today.
- Chapter 4: Japanese Values - Understanding core Japanese values and their impact on the Japanese way of doing things.
- Chapter 5: Business Culture - Covering critical aspects of Japanese business culture, such as relationship building, consensus building, negotiations and meetings.
- Chapter 5: Communication Style - Exploring the Japanese approach to communication, how they share information, give opinions and managing disagreements.
- Chapter 7: Making a Good Impression – Uncovering how best to protect reputation and make the best impression possible through an understanding of etiquette and taboos.
- Chapter 8: Summary - Affirming that when working with anyone from Japan, it is important not to draw upon stereotypes
Assessment is carried out during the course.
You will be asked a mixture of multiple choice and quiz questions, coupled with questions based around case studies and workplace scenarios.
With a pass mark of 85%, the answers are marked automatically so you know instantly whether you have passed. If you don't pass, then not to worry! You can take the test as many times as you need and there’s no extra charge.